Re: [Semi-OT,important] ORBS globally blocks users of these lists

From: Matthias Andree (ma@dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de)
Date: Mon Jan 17 2000 - 20:27:19 EST

* Khimenko Victor (khim@sch57.msk.ru) [000118 00:51]:
> 2. disallow ORBS to probe you and then you eventually can not sent mail to
> me (or any other user like l-k ml)
>
> If you do not need to send mail to l-k you are free to block ORBS (or, better
> yet just ask ORBS to not probe you: read http://www.rahul.net/dhesi/orbs.faq.txt)
> If you are not interested in communication with l-k, Cox, Rik and so on you
> can block ORBS, ignore ORBS, set up open relay on your host, whatever.

This is the wrong approach. If ORBS cannot probe me, they cannot decide
if I am a spam relayer or not. If they assume all sites they cannot
probe are spam relayers, they're wrong with certainty. Again, I don't
need orbs and I don't want to care for every random blacklister that
might exist somewhere. ORBS must not take action before they have
evidence somebody has an open relay. Plus, I've seen so many defective
relay probes...