Re: drivers/telephony and winmodems

From: Alan Cox (alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk)
Date: Mon Jan 17 2000 - 18:23:44 EST

> interfaces. It doesn't seem to provide well for more powerful CTI cards, which
> keep much of the audio activity on a mezzanine switching fabric bus (MVIP,
> SCBUS or S.100). My question is, what are the real intentions of this
> framework?

To grow the framework as common interfaces emerge - so that we get a clean
logical API that isnt full of additional crap. MVIP and like probably want
the addition of routing ioctls, and in some cases may not even have have end
points.

Right now the API addresses most, but not all of the needs of end point cards
with one or more ports. Switching cards, downloadable DSP program cards and
the like are in the todo pile.

Alan