Re: a garbage-collected file system

From: Horst von Brand (vonbrand@pincoya.inf.utfsm.cl)
Date: Mon Jan 17 2000 - 07:36:19 EST

Robert Dinse <nanook@eskimo.com> said:

[...]

> I played with them somewhat, and never found anything that it broke
> by hard linking directories, fsck seemed to handle it fine. Unlinking a
> directory where there were still files and it was the last link would of
> coarse orphan those files.

Ever created a loop? Happened somehow (probably a stupid joker playing
around) with something like 10 levels of directories called 'a' that looped
back through an 'a' on a VAX here (Ultrix, also BSD based). Gave me a
_really_ hard time, first to find out what was going on and then to clean
up the mess.

--
Dr. Horst H. von Brand                       mailto:vonbrand@inf.utfsm.cl