Re: Very rapid inode leak in 2.2.14|13...

From: Tom Leete (tleete@access.mountain.net)
Date: Mon Jan 17 2000 - 04:44:04 EST

Alan Cox wrote:

> > I've tried downgrading to 2.2.13, with similar results. I've tried
> > every 2.2STABLE version of squid (plus every conceivable patch) I could
> > find, with no change. And I've tried ext2 and reiserfs partitions, no
> > change.
>
> Have you tried a kernel built from the kernel.org source tree without any
> reiserfs patches. Just want to be sure its not a reiserfs patch side effect.
>
> Alan
>
> -

I see this cropping up with heavy use of VFS in text-mode
Midnight Commander. Results in lots of rubbish left in /tmp.

Present kernel: 2.2.14pre18, UP
$ cat inode-max
7168
$ cat inode-state
7170 62 0 0 0 0 0

mc's error message:
Direntry warning
Super ino_usage is 3, memory leak

Andrea Archangeli announced a patch to 2.2.13 for this on
Nov.11. Was that patch correct?

Tom