Re: Is there a distribution list that announces new builds in /pub/linux/kernel/testing?

From: Thomas Molina (tmolina@home.com)
Date: Sun Jan 16 2000 - 14:20:24 EST

On Sun, 16 Jan 2000, Khimenko Victor wrote:

> In <38816B99.FF716F26@amazon.com> Miles Lane (miles@amazon.com) wrote:
>
> > Hi,
>
> > I wonder whether there is a list where new testing builds get announced.
>
> It should happen here (on linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu) but usually new
> builds are popping without announce anyway :-/
>
> > I'd like to help get prompt testing feedback to the developers,
> > but the turnaround between testing builds seems really fast and more
> > lead time would seem helpful.

/usr/bin/finger @ftp.kernel.org
produces the following:

[zeus.kernel.org]

    The latest stable version of the Linux kernel is: 2.2.14
    The latest beta version of the Linux kernel is: 2.3.39
    The latest prepatch (alpha) version *appears* to be: 2.3.40-4

I run that command as a daily cron job to keep up with what is current.