Re: Very rapid inode leak in 2.2.14|13...

From: Chip Salzenberg (chip@valinux.com)
Date: Sun Jan 16 2000 - 10:52:47 EST

According to Keith Owens:
> Maybe it is not a leak, the inodes are getting reclaimed.

No, there definitely is a problem _somewhere_.

Twice in the last few months, my server has gone into Serious Failure
Mode: I've been unable to log in remotely. The second time, I finally
managed to log in, but my shell was unable to mmap /lib/libc.so.6.
Both times, the logs report (loudly!) that the kernel had run out of
inodes ('exceeded inode-max').

Unfortunately, since it seems like the dcache prefers to keep growing
until inode-max is approximated, it's hard for me to know when things
are OK and when they're about to go BOOM. *sigh*

--
Chip Salzenberg          - a.k.a. -           <chip@valinux.com>
        "He's Mr. Big of 'Big And Tall' fame."  // MST3K