any more ideas for BCP?

From: Tigran Aivazian (tigran@sco.COM)
Date: Fri Jan 14 2000 - 04:04:45 EST

Hi guys,

Thanks to all who tried and sent me suggestions on the patch I sent ages
ago:

  http://www.ocston.org/~tigran/patches/bcp-2.3.36-pre5.patch

which implements a simple BCP (boot command processor) that lets you dump
and tweak the boot command line and overcomes the <79 bytes limitation of
some patches versions of LILO distributed with some distributions (RedHat,
SuSE etc).

What I wanted to ask is - what features would you like me to add to it,
other than what has already been suggested, i.e.:

  a) dump/tweak other stuff, e.g. vga mode.

  b) load an alternative kernel image, possibly from a BFS filesystem,
     similar to the /stand slice handling done in UnixWare boot code.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
------
Tigran A. Aivazian | http://www.sco.com
Escalations Research Group | tel: +44-(0)1923-813796
Santa Cruz Operation Ltd | http://www.ocston.org/~tigran