Re: LS 120 yields hda: Q, ATAPI UNKNOWN (type 17) drive

From: Jes Sorensen (Jes.Sorensen@cern.ch)
Date: Thu Jan 13 2000 - 06:25:03 EST

>>>>> "Marc" == Marc MERLIN <marc_news@valinux.com> writes:

Marc> Some have suggested to move the LS-120 to slave (hdb or hdd) but
Marc> I can't do that as I have an SCSI only system. Using hdc doesn't
Marc> make a difference. Some other ones have suggested to load
Marc> ide-floppy (maybe that's for the parallel port version), but
Marc> that didn't do anything either in my case.

Marc> Any suggestiongs?

I had the exact same problem ... solution, unplug the drive and
connect it again. I didn't change jumper settings, just fiddled with
the cables.

Jes