Re: poweroff doesn't turn off power

From: David Woodhouse (dwmw2@infradead.org)
Date: Thu Jan 13 2000 - 07:45:18 EST

gator@cs.tu-berlin.de said:
> I have some machines that I need to be able to power down via APM.
> Somhow, I can't get this to work: "halt -p" or "poweroff" will halt
> the system, but without turning off the power.

Do you have ACPI enabled?

If so, you may need to disable it - its power-off method will override the
APM-provided power-off routine, and even if the ACPI power-off routine fails
to work, it won't fall back to the APM one.

I posted a patch a few days ago which fixed this by keeping a list of possible
power-off functions, to be attempted in turn until one of them actually works.

--
dwmw2