Re: How to write to the /proc files?

From: amzhang (zam@mail.ustc.edu.cn)
Date: Thu Jan 13 2000 - 06:39:36 EST

On Wed, 12 Jan 2000, Mark Hahn wrote:

> > files. I try to find it in the source code but in vain. Can some one
> > give me some points or send me some examples?
>
> I have a hard time understanding what code you could possibly
> have read. proc is very simple: basically, when you create

  I only studied the code about network. I don't know how does
  the kernel write to /proc/net/route and /proc/net/ip6_flowlabel
  and so on. I can only find the read_proc routine (fib_get_procinfo)
  but cannot find the write_proc routine. Can you tell me where they
  are? Thanks a lot.
   Please reply to zhiyuzhang@263.net and CC to linux-kernel for me.
   Thank you.

    Zhiyu Zhang