Regarding slab.c

From: Gaurav Yadav (gaurav.yadav@wipro.com)
Date: Wed Jan 12 2000 - 22:43:49 EST

Hi All,
                 I am reading the source code of kernel(newbie). I was
not able to get the abilities of /mm/slab.c. I was not able to
understand the work of kmem_cache_init(memory_start, memory_end) and
kmem_cache_sizes_init() called from main.c.
I know, I do not know the concept of 'slab'. I tried to find it and got
"group of pixel of same color and on the same line",
I am not convinced with it.
Is there some site from where I can read it, or somebody can tell me.
Any suggestions welcomed.

- GAURAV.