can't umount floppy with 2.3.3[7|8]

From: Leos Literak (literakl@seznam.cz)
Date: Wed Jan 12 2000 - 02:42:32 EST

Hi,

I have tried to use 2.3.38 but I was forced to return to 2.3.36. I have
mounted a floppy (vfat),
worked with it for while and tried to umount it. It failed. It didn't
written anything but it failed to continue. I couldn't kill it. So I
switched to another console and run umount again. Again it didn't
finished and Ctrl-C didn't work. Then I tried to reboot machine. It
looked OK until it tried to umount all filesystems. Then it froze.

After reboot, I've tried to repeat the process. But now I had received
some error message from kernel
(maybe it was oops, I was scared and forgot to write it down)

The similiar problem has Vladimir Smelhaus with 2.3.37. He can't umount
floppy with ext2 or minix fs.
He solved that problem by moving to 2.2.14.

Any idea?
                        LL

-- Leos Literak literakl@[penguin|seznam|email].cz
http://www.penguin.cz/~literakl/