Re: Apply this patch

From: Andre Hedrick (andre@suse.com)
Date: Wed Jan 12 2000 - 02:46:01 EST

WAAIITTT!!!!!!!

You need to get this off the linux.kernel.org

I have the onstream code integrated.
It may be their product, but I am responsible in the kernel.

http://linux.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/hedrick/

Grab 2.2.14 and its patch and then raise question.

Next bring it to my attention and Gadi or I will address Onstream about
the issue.

On Tue, 11 Jan 2000, Robert Forsman wrote:

> "Bombeeck, Jack" <Jack.Bombeeck@Onstream.com> ,in message <15BE211FD9CBD211BAC4
> 0090273A97EB60864A@EMAIL>, wrote:
>
> > You wrote:
> > > Your mailer horribly mangled the patch and it is unusable.
> >
> > Well, I'll attach it again.
>
> It was mangled in the exact same way. Fortunately, I was able to decipher
> the "quoted-printable" format and apply the patch.
>
> Unfortunately, I get the following errors during "make modules" in the
> context of a 2.2.13 kernel.
>
> ide-tape.c: In function `idetape_end_request':
> ide-tape.c:1746: warning: long unsigned int format, unsigned int arg (arg 2)
> ide-tape.c: In function `idetape_read_position_callback':
> ide-tape.c:2973: warning: long unsigned int format, unsigned int arg (arg 2)
> ide-tape.c: In function `idetape_onstream_write_error_recovery':
> ide-tape.c:3364: warning: long unsigned int format, unsigned int arg (arg 3)
> ide-tape.c: In function `idetape_verify_stage':
> ide-tape.c:3496: warning: long unsigned int format, unsigned int arg (arg 3)
> ide-tape.c:3520: warning: long unsigned int format, unsigned int arg (arg 5)
> ide-tape.c:3529: warning: long unsigned int format, unsigned int arg (arg 3)
> ide-tape.c: In function `idetape_init':
> ide-tape.c:5860: warning: `tape' might be used uninitialized in this function

These are DGD (Don't Giva Darn) messages but do need to be cleaned up.

Onstream,

I saw ide-tape.c v1.16e1 but I have v1.16f.
What have you added that neither Gadi or I know about?

Andre Hedrick
The Linux IDE guy