Re: Linux bridge patches

From: Miguel Freitas (mfreitas@mls.com.br)
Date: Tue Jan 11 2000 - 19:29:34 EST

    Matthew,

    I made my hack for the 2.2.12 which didn't include your modifications and it
worked well for me (I wasn't using neither spoof protection or firewalling code).
    Your solution with the new brg0 interface is much better than mine. Forget it,
I haven't realized the new 2.2.14 bridge functionality when I wrote my last
message.
    By the way, you were talking about bridge with firewall. I'm doing this
dropping packets with classes and filters (u32) at the queue level, but I have
seen a patch on the web that creates a new chain within ipchains to filter the
data that crosses the bridge. Do you (and Alan) think there is a better solution ?
The mini-howto bridge+firewall solution is a shame...

Regards,

Miguel Freitas