Re: Linux Kernel 2.0.x/2.2.x local Denial of Service attack

From: Alexandre Hautequest (hquest@istm.com.br)
Date: Mon Jan 10 2000 - 20:01:59 EST

I found this at Wednesday's freshmeat mail, i think this can be useful.
Comments are welcome :)

 subject: Fork Bomb Defuser 0.6
 added by: Rohit Singh on Jan 06th 2000, 14:42
  license: GPL
 category: Console/Administration

 homepage: http://apps.freshmeat.net/homepage/945613594/
 download: http://apps.freshmeat.net/download/945613594/
changelog: http://apps.freshmeat.net/changelog/945613594/

Fork Bomb Defuser is an easily loadable kernel module for Linux which
detects, logs, and disables "fork bombs". It allows you to configure
max_forks_per_second and max_tasks_per_user parameters at module load
time. Any possible fork bomb that attempts to spawn a huge number of
processes simultaneously is detected in real time, and the fork bomb is
disabled.

changes:
Support for defusing clone() and vfork() bombs, a major code clean-up
and optimizations, improved documentation and better-commented code,
and a website mirror at Geocities to solve download problems
encountered in Tripod.

urgency:
medium

--
Alexandre Hautequest - Linux User #116289
"When I'm on the road, I'm indestructible. No one can stop me. But they

O .br que não para de crescer: http://stats.distributed.net/rc5-64/psearch.php3?st=.br