Re: [Re: [2.2.13aa6 (bugfix release II) ]]

From: ursus (ursus@usa.net)
Date: Mon Jan 10 2000 - 13:30:13 EST

Andrea Arcangeli <andrea@suse.de> wrote:

> please apply also this patch on the top of my fix
> in the previous email as for David [Miller's] correct
> suggestion of putting an assert there. If you see
> a printk with the below patch applyed, we'll have
> [proof that] my theory about the source of your deadlocks
> is correct and that my fix made the difference for you.

ok, I'll apply the previous "delack-timer-1" patch,
as well as the one below. However, can you upload
the below patch to the ftp.*.kernel.org mirrors also,
just so I can ensure the spacings and such are correct.
Thanks.

> --- 2.2.14/net/ipv4/tcp_timer.c Fri Jan 7 18:19:25 2000

As a side note, the machines have still have not crashed,
so almost certainly the TCP_DELAY_ACK bug is the culprit,
at least in UniProcessor case. Going to try using SMP
kernel again after I'm sure these patches do the job.

Thanks for your help ...

--
RW <ursus@usa.net>

____________________________________________________________________ Get free email and a permanent address at http://www.netaddress.com/?N=1