Re: Linux Kernel 2.0.x/2.2.x local Denial of Service attack

From: Khimenko Victor (khim@sch57.msk.ru)
Date: Sun Jan 09 2000 - 14:39:28 EST

In <E127N4e-00028P-00@the-village.bc.nu> Alan Cox (alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk) wrote:
>> It's joke, right ? This particular problem is known for more then year, was
>> discussed MANY times @ linux-kernel and still there are no solution in
>> mainstream kernel :-((

AC> I know no single Unix like OS I can't bring down if I dont have resource limiting.
AC> Also for that matter Ive yet to meet one I can't kill even with resource limiting
AC> in place.

Hmm. Perhaps... On other hand Sebastian saying:
-- cut --
Oh, I didn't knew that. I know that this is no common malloc() bomb
problem, and we haven't heard about it, so we want to make it public, even
if it is known to the kernel developers. A bit pressure to the admins side
could not be wrong to use resource limits.

Btw, any BSD we tried on doesn't suffer from this or similar problems.
-- cut --

Who is on drugs ?