USB & Gigabyte GA-6BXD observation

From: Lee Mitchell (lee@spamtastic.demon.co.uk)
Date: Sun Jan 09 2000 - 14:10:50 EST

I have found that if the bios setting :-
"MPS Version Control for OS"
is set to 1.4, then the usb stuff appears to not receive any interrupts. If
set it to 1.1 then all is fine.
I assume that no interrupts is the problem, i get a load of timed out
messages and an error 110.

Is this a known thing ? I noticed that it also allocates interrupts
differently, ie my tv card gets assigned irq 9 when MPS is set to 1.1
as below, but when its set to 1.4 then it gets assigned to IRQ 18.

[lee@server lee]$ cat /proc/interrupts
           CPU0 CPU1
  0: 62928 61788 IO-APIC-edge timer
  1: 129 144 IO-APIC-edge keyboard
  2: 0 0 XT-PIC cascade
  4: 2868 3365 IO-APIC-edge serial
  5: 387385 382575 IO-APIC-edge soundblaster
  9: 206 156 IO-APIC-level acpi, bttv
 10: 6 3 IO-APIC-level usb-uhci
 11: 9471 9356 IO-APIC-level eth0
 12: 48 48 IO-APIC-level aic7xxx