Re: sched fixes 2.3.36

From: Andrea Arcangeli (andrea@suse.de)
Date: Sun Jan 09 2000 - 09:16:14 EST

On Sun, 9 Jan 2000, Rik van Riel wrote:

>Andrea, have you tested your patch on a loaded UP system
>and tested the interactive feel of the system under X?

I didn't noticed any relevant difference in my normal load. Sorry but
I can't try that myself now, I'll do that ASAP if nobody else will do
that before...

Anyway the 2.3.36 SMP scheduler here seems to trashes caches too much so
I'll probably check all the scheduler heuristics before doing any bench.
At least it's not obviously buggy as the 2.2.x one ;).

Andrea