[2.3.35] ne2000 fails as module

From: Nicholas Mc Guire (nicholas.mc.guire@univie.ac.at)
Date: Sat Jan 08 2000 - 13:09:25 EST

HI !

 Kernel 2.3.35 fails to buid the 8390.o module corectly when any
 of the dependant NIC's are selected (ne2000 ISA in my case) .
 a 8390.o file is compiled but it is not a loadable module ( it
 has no Kernel version in it, and might otherwise be faulty aswell)

 When building the ne2000 support into the Kernel , all goes well , so I guess
 its more of a problem in the Makefile/options than in 8390.c itselfe (?) .

 I will try and pin-point it , but if this is already a known problem then
 let ne know.

thx
nmg

*THERE {__} Universitaet Wien *