Boot logo limited to 384 lines?

From: David Odin (David.Odin@bigfoot.com)
Date: Fri Jan 07 2000 - 18:04:45 EST

   Hi,

 I'm trying to have some personnal pictures for the frame buffer logo.
 I'm using matroxfb on a Matrox Mystique, and I can use logo with almost
 any size (changing LOGO_H ans LOGO_W in fbcon.c accordingly, of course).

 But I've noticed a limitation of 384 lines. I.e, if I use a pictures
 of more than 384 lines, only the 384 first are drawn over the previously
 drawn text. The scrolling occurs at the right position though. So I see
 a troncated picture, then some garbage text that doesn't scroll and then
 the usual scroll.

   I've search in the source of fbcon.c and fbmem.c and couldn't find
anything related with this limitation of 384 lines.

    Could someone help me to remove it? Or at least understand where it comes
from.

   If that help, I use the 0x101 video mode for the frame buffer (640x480)

          TIA,

                    DindinX

--
David.Odin@bigfoot.com
Author of the French Book: Programmation Linux avec GTK+

The telephone is a good way to talk to people without having to offer them a drink. -- Fran Lebowitz, "Interview"