strange token ring behaviour (summary) -Reply

From: Mike Phillips (phillim@amtrak.com)
Date: Fri Jan 07 2000 - 06:45:49 EST

> Is there any progress on the token ring part of the kernel? I'm having the feeling
> that token ring on Linux needs much work to become as mature as Ethernet is.

There is a small band of us (and I mean very small, like 3-4 people in their own time) that are working on the token ring part of the kernel. Development work on token ring only started up again last spring and we have managed to provide drivers for several new cards, implement multicast, preliminary IPv6 support and rewritten the source routing code to make token ring more efficient. Work is continuing on more drivers and updating the main token ring code to handle the latest standards.

But you are right, due to lack of time and equipment (but certainly not effort) we are restricted in our abilities to fully test and implement everything that we want to. But rest assured we will get there :)

Mike Phillips
Linux Token Ring Project
http://www.linuxtr.net