Re: USB Mouse wheel

From: Greg KH (greg@kroah.com)
Date: Thu Jan 06 2000 - 23:44:33 EST

On Fri, Jan 07, 2000 at 12:18:12AM +0000, James wrote:
> I've got a Logitech Trackman Marble trackball with a wheel. The last time
> i used netscape (yesterday) twiddling the wheel away from me moved
> text in Netscape up, twiddling the wheel towards me did the opposite.
>
> Now it's reversed! Which is really disorientating :)
>
> The trackball is USB, so i'm using kernel 2.3.36, i recently upgraded
> my kernel from 2.3.31 where i know it worked.
>
> Does anyone have even the vaguest hint as to why this might have happened?

The following patch should fix this. It is from the linux-usb list
and should show up soon in a kernel patch.

Also, the USB code is now using the HID parser for mice, keyboards,
and joysticks, so lots of different things might be happening now.

Let us know if anything else doesn't work properly.

greg k-h
greg@kroah.com