Re: HELP: ANOTHER 6 JAN 2000 Kernel OOPS running under 2.2.14 now

From: Miquel van Smoorenburg (miquels@cistron.nl)
Date: Thu Jan 06 2000 - 11:11:15 EST

In article <cistron.va297so75agrh4d5c64iffrfrtdn7l3a8a@4ax.com>,
George R. Kasica <georgek@netwrx1.com> wrote:
>Alan:
>
>Here's another one about 45 minutes later. Got dmesg this time too.
>
>This is getting very discouraging, do you have any suggestions of how
>I can get this system stable again?

As I just mentioned in another thread, 99.99% of the time I have seen
errors like this it turned out to be bad RAM chips.

Try the memory tester at http://www.qcc.sk.ca/~charlesc/software/memtester/

Mike.

--
There's a lot to be said for not saying a lot.
Reply to the list or to miquels@cistron.nl (Miquel van Smoorenburg)