Re: time_t size: The year 2038 bug?

From: Chipzz (chipzz@Ace.ULYSSIS.Student.KULeuven.Ac.Be)
Date: Wed Jan 05 2000 - 22:25:53 EST

On Wed, 5 Jan 2000, Bill Wendling wrote:

> From: Bill Wendling <wendling@ganymede.isdn.uiuc.edu>
>
> I'll put my foot squarly in my mouth and predict that, in 38 years,
> people will think that running anything on a machine less than 1GHz speed
> for a production machine is nothing short of insanity.

Crap. I'm using a 486 80Mhz machine as my main machine, and it does things
like "being an XTerm" just fine and will still do in 2038. And if it hasn't
crashed by then, I'll still be using it then, because there's no point in
selling it, I wouldn't get much for it, so I'm better of keeping it.

Greetings,

Chipzz AKA
Jan Van Buggenhout