- First (still incomplete) description of netlink/rtnetlink.
- icmp.4, udp.4, ip.4, tcp.4, ddp.4 man pages for IPv4, UDP TCP, AppleTalk
including all nearly supported socket options in 2.1 and most sysctls.
- cmsg.3 with a description of POSIX ancilliary data.
- socket.4 as high level description of the socket interface.
- First description at all of PF_PACKET (packet.4)
- First documentation of Linux flavoured raw sockets (raw.4)
- Some annoying misdocumentations fixed.
- Attempt at answering some of the "FAQ Questions" (feedback on more
common mistakes that could be addressed is welcome)
- netdevice.4 with the attempt to document some of the networking
device configuration interface (ioctls, sysctls).
- unix.4 manpage.
ddp.4 was contributed by Alan Cox.
Please send reports about grammar bugs/typos/unclear passages/omissions etc.
to email@example.com. I plan to submit them after some external reviewing to the
Linux man page maintainer.
It is available at
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/