I am sorry - but I was incorrect in my last mail :(
Exactly the first time the next day - it failed again:
Apr 1 23:19:47 runaway kernel: Teles module removed
Apr 1 23:19:47 runaway kernel: ISDN-subsystem unloaded
Apr 2 10:37:19 runaway kernel: Couldn't get a free page.....
Apr 2 10:37:19 runaway kernel: isdn: Could not allocate device-struct.
Note that previously it also was the exact first time I tried it that day.
I'll investigate this and inform you if it wasn't a coincidence.
However, the bad news is that I now actually counted how often I could
unload isdn and reload it, from the /var/log/messages file, and it turns
out that I have been impatient :(
The first time, with plain 2.0.29, it failed after about 362 times,
while after patching the kernel I thought it worked, and stopped, after
355 times :(. This makes it a lot more likely that it is just coincidence
that it happened exactly the first time I tried today.
(These numbers are somewhat inaccurate - because I used the length of the
At this moment I'd say that the patch did not help.
-- email@example.com, Run @ IRC.
ircd development: http://www.xs4all.nl/~carlo17/ircd-dev