Re: 2.0.20 Shutdown Won't umount

Alessandro Suardi (asuardi@uninetcom.it)
Mon, 23 Sep 1996 00:35:48 +0200

Scott T. Miller wrote:

> Ever since I upgraded to 2.0.20, and upgraded all the dependencies as
> stated in Documentation/Changes, init will not properly halt. No matter
> if I do a 'bye' or 'shutdown -h now', the last message I get is:
>
> INIT: no more processes left in this runlevel

[snip]

> And when I try to reboot, either with 'reboot' or 'shutdown -r' or via
> Ctrl-Alt-Delete, it restarts X, and gives me a login screen for some
> flavor of OpenWindows with which I am not familiar (it does not look
> like the olwm I use). It will not reboot.
>
> Thanks for any help,
> Scott Miller
> stmiller@crosslink.net

Scott,

I had the same problem when I upgraded packages on a Slackware
2.3 a.out going ELF. I think it's a problem with the rc stuff
or inittab itself. I don't have anymore since RedHat 3.0.3 ELF
went on my disk.

--alessandro

--

"well we've made mistakes before and I know we will make them all again..." ('Conspiracy of the heart' - Steve Wynn)