Re: Processes hanging on 2.0.20; not just on Alphas anymore :(

Linus Torvalds (torvalds@cs.helsinki.fi)
Sun, 22 Sep 1996 21:10:24 +0300 (EET DST)

On 22 Sep 1996, Thomas Koenig wrote:

> In linux.dev.kernel, Linus Torvalds <torvalds@cs.helsinki.fi> wrote:
>
> > Linus "on to 2.1, I think" Torvalds
>
> What are your plans on continuing bugfixes for 2.0? There are still
> two minor bugs that I experienced and reported, for example
> (crash on shutdown and the wrong tty->count).

Will be continued. I think I started 1.3 when 1.2.8 was the current
"stable" kernel, so there is precedent. In fact I suspect I should have
started 2.1 a bit earlier just to take some of the pressure off 2.0, but
it's also such a horror to try to keep track of two separate trees that I
was chicken..

Linus