Re: Question: Multiple Servers on one machine.

Luke Leighton (lkcl@cb1.com)
Tue, 17 Sep 1996 16:57:17 +0000 ()

hi marty,

On Mon, 16 Sep 1996, Marty Leisner wrote:

> I just tried to run multiple samba's on one machine (a "base" one
> and one I'm working on).
>
> I use the Linux ip-alias feature in 2.0.20
>
> It seems what you have to do is bind to a specific address (instead of
> INADDR_ANY). But then it seems broadcasts aren't being received, so
> multiple nmbd's are useless...

ok....... hm. and hm some more. ok. it looks like i'm going to need to
write a 'port 137 redirector daemon'. its purpose would be to bind to
INADDR_ANY on port 137. any processes wishing to receive packets on port
137 would need to notify this daemon of the netbios packet identifier that
they wish to receive and a port number the packet is to be forwarded to.

then, you could run as many nmbds as you wish. i think :-)