Inspired by Linus, I have decided to fulfill my longstanding promise
to make a new official release of the module support utilities...
Even though I haven't had the time to include everything from my
to-do list, this release is at least a clean-up of the betas.
Notable news from 1.3.57:
- More correct ELF-handling in insmod
- Insmod support for Sparc
- More pre-configured "alias" entries for modprobe
- The modprobe configuration file can be named "/etc/modules.conf"
- New commands available in the modprobe configuration file
- BFD support for modprobe
- Optional support for persistent module storage (needs libgdbm)
- Support for kerneld protocol extension (include the pid)
There are a lot of small fixes, code movements and documentation upgrades...
In the next release (for 2.1) you should hopefully see a full BFD version
(without any need for an extra "ld" pass), where modprobe and insmod
will become merged into one executable. There will also be a kerneld
blacklist. Perhaps the kerneld protocol will be implemented a bit
different as well, but that depends on the linux-2.1 development...
Anyway, you can download it from my web-page, as well as from the
more popular ftp sites.
Bjorn <email@example.com> <http://www.pi.se/blox/>