Re: Sched Ext slack channel / office hours

From: David Vernet
Date: Mon Oct 30 2023 - 10:07:05 EST

On Sun, Oct 29, 2023 at 08:09:45AM +0100, Julia Lawall wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Oct 2023, David Vernet wrote:
>
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > The first RFC patch set [0] for sched_ext was sent to the upstream list
> > almost one year ago, with three more revisions of the series having been
> > sent upstream since. In that time, a number of individuals, companies,
> > and organizations have begun to use and experiment with sched_ext. We
> > want to make it easier to collaborate, so we’ve decided to set up a
> > weekly office hours call, and create a Slack channel [1] that folks can
> > join to ask questions, discuss features, etc.
> >
> > [0]: https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20221130082313.3241517-1-tj@xxxxxxxxxx/
> > [1]: https://join.slack.com/t/schedextworkspace/shared_invite/zt-24c4on3sk-sHlozdLfCZBODfwU6t6dbw
> >
> > The Slack channel can be joined via the link in [1]. For office hours,
> > we’ll start with 10:00 PDT / 17:00 UTC on Mondays (likely starting the
> > week of 10/30), but we can change the time if it’s inconvenient for too
> > many folks. The calls will likely take place through Slack, so you’ll
> > have to join the Slack channel if you want to participate in the office
> > hours calls. As a friendly reminder, you can access the sched_ext
> > repository at [2].
> >
> > [2]: https://github.com/sched-ext/sched_ext
>
> In Europe, we just changed to winter time. I don't know if it is the same
> in the US. What time will the meeting be?

Hello Julia,

The meeting will start in ~3 hours from now at UTC 17:00. This can be
adjusted for future sessions if it turns out to be inconvenient for
folks.

For now, we'll be conducting the meeting over Zoom. I'll post details of
the meeting into Slack. Anyone who would like to join the meeting but is
not on Slack may ping me privately, and I'll send them the Zoom meeting
information.

Thanks,
David