Re: Fwd: [6.5.1] Slow boot and opening files (RIP: kvfree_rcu_bulk)

From: Uladzislau Rezki
Date: Mon Sep 04 2023 - 07:23:30 EST

Hello, Marcus.

> Apologies.
>
> I want you to follow the advice I gave you in my earlier email, the one
> with Message-ID c054b588-b029-4380-9ec5-4ae50ee37d08@paulmck-laptop.
> I would give you a URL, but you seem to have dropped the public email
> lists.  I have added them back.
>

> Sorry, I've overlooked that previous mail. I've now tried CONFIG_RCU_LAZY=n and
> also reduced the amount of extra-patches and extra-flags to a bare minimum. It
> didn't help though. The slow boot is still there and shutdown/reboot also
> didn't seem to work again (while the trace went away by overwriting /kernel/rcu
> /tree.c with the file from 6.4.14). I am also not subscribed to the LKML, so my
> E-Mails won't reach the list anyway. Unfortunately Zhang Qiang doesn't seem to
> work for Intel any longer as my previous mail did not reach him either. I hope
> the reported issues will be fixed eventually, I'll stay away from 6.5 for some
> time.

Could you please clarify some items:

1.
<snip>
if (!WARN_ON_ONCE(!poll_state_synchronize_rcu_full(&bnode->gp_snap))) {
debug_rcu_bhead_unqueue(bnode);
rcu_lock_acquire(&rcu_callback_map);
<snip>

Do you see this warning? I mean the one that is in the if()?

2. Please provide a full .config file.
3. Could you please also to be more specific how to reproduce a boot delay and the warning you see?
4. Please provide your full dmesg.

Thank you in advance!

--
Uladzislau Rezki