Re: net/sched: Discuss about adding a new kernel parameter to set the default value of flow_limit

From: Eric Dumazet
Date: Sat Sep 02 2023 - 03:37:29 EST

On Sat, Sep 2, 2023 at 9:16 AM r30009329 <renmingshuai@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> How about adding a new kernel parameter to set the default value of flow_limit
> when the default qidsc is set to fq? Although We can use the tc to modify the
> default value of flow_limit, it is more convenient to use a kernel parameter to
> set the default value, especially in scenarios where the tc command is
> inconvenient or cannot be used.

Hmm, can you define 'inconvenient' ?
It seems to be an issue with the tool or the toolchain ?
The 'cannot be used' argument seems strange to me.
If I understand correctly, you want a generic mechanism for all qdisc
default parameters,
in case the 'default qdisc' is XXX instead of pfifo_fast.

kernel parameters should be reserved to specific cases when
programmers have no other way.

rtnetlink is the way to go really, sorry !