Re: [GIT PULL] tracing: Updates for 6.6

From: Steven Rostedt
Date: Fri Sep 01 2023 - 07:45:09 EST

On Fri, 01 Sep 2023 11:20:31 +0200
Valentin Schneider <vschneid@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Tracing updates for 6.6:
> >
> > User visible changes:
> >
> > - Added a way to easier filter with cpumasks:
> > # echo 'cpumask & CPUS{17-42}' > /sys/kernel/tracing/events/ipi_send_cpumask/filter
> >

> It looks like the patches included are from v2 of [1], which still had some
> (small) issues to fix. I have addressed these in [2], but I haven't sent
> this out yet as I'm still working on the context_tracking/vmalloc part of
> the series.
>
> I'm happy to send just the tracing bits, if that helps - or just send the
> deltas as separate fixes, whatever makes it easier.

I put these patches into linux-next for a while, so I'm not going to
rebase them. Can you send delta patches on top of this. This shouldn't
stop this pull request.

> Apologies for not bringing this up when the patches were picked up in [3],
> I've only just come back from PTO/moving abroad and have started catching
> up.

I'm still trying to get home from my PTO, which I spent in Tampa and
was suppose to fly home on Tuesday. But they closed the airport in
preparation for Idalia, which forced my wife and I to hunker down in a
hotel room for the last few days :-p (we are now in a to hotel room in
Syracuse, and are about to drive home).

-- Steve