Re: + mm-utilc-add-kstrimdup.patch added to -mm tree

From: David Rientjes
Date: Mon Feb 03 2014 - 20:32:13 EST

On Mon, 3 Feb 2014, Sebastian Capella wrote:

> I am in the process of reworking the patches. I'm not sure if Andrew
> was just interested in having the kstrimdup utility function available.

I think the point Alexey is making is that whitespace is already stripped
by the shell unless quoted; it seemed that you may have had a usecase
where the string to be written would not be stripped by the shell for
whatever reason and there was no convenient way to do it specifically for
the file you were modifying?