Re: Question on compiler warning

From: Larry Finger
Date: Thu Jan 02 2014 - 17:14:41 EST

On 01/02/2014 03:56 PM, David Rientjes wrote:
On Mon, 30 Dec 2013, Larry Finger wrote:

+ /scratch/kisskb/src/drivers/net/wireless/b43/phy_n.c: warning: 'val_addr'
may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wuninitialized]: => 178:21

This warning does not show up on any of my compilers, and it should not as the
initialization and usage of that variable both take place in conditional
branches that are testing exactly the same pointer.

You may not be compiling this file depending on your .config or you may
have a different setting for CONFIG_CC_OPTIMIZE_FOR_SIZE.

I am definitely building this driver in my configuration. Variable CONFIG_CC_OPTIMIZE_FOR_SIZE was not set, but changing it to "y" did not change the result.

Thanks,

Larry