Re: An example of prideful GPL violators who do their violating out in the open

From: Bradley M. Kuhn
Date: Thu Jan 02 2014 - 10:30:27 EST

Eric Appleman wrote a few days ago:
> https://plus.google.com/115556873499158641618/posts/KwG8uhU5DGk
> https://plus.google.com/102371604344319409727/posts/CSNGXqxzxf4
> https://plus.google.com/115556873499158641618/posts/ZegjCZ3FyDE

> I bet you've never seen such open hostility towards the GPL and its
> enforcement.

Actually, in my nearly 15 years of GPL enforcement, I've seen much worse
said about the GPL and its enforcement from much more eloquent and
knowledgeable folks. In the whole vast configuration of things,
Goodman's attacks on GPL are quite juvenile.

There are currently thousands of ongoing GPL violations impacting
millions of users. How many users are being impacted by Goodman's
violation? It can't be more than hundreds, and probably not more than
dozens. As a triage matter, my analysis of this hasn't changed since
the last time we discussed it, but I'm open-minded to reconsider if any
Linux copyright holders would like the GPL Compliance Project for Linux
Developers to do prioritize this violation. They know how to reach me.
--
Bradley M. Kuhn, Executive Director, Software Freedom Conservancy
(home of BusyBox, Samba, and the GPL Compliance Project for Linux Developers)