Linux 3.11

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Mon Sep 02 2013 - 17:11:09 EST

As some people noticed, I got distracted ("Ooh, look, a squirrel..")
and never wrote an announcement for -rc7. My bad. But it wasn't
actually all that interesting a release apart from the date, and it
had a silly compile error in ohci-pci if you hadn't enabled
CONFIG_PM_RUNTIME, so we'll just forget -rc7 ever happened, ok?
Instead, go and get the real 3.11 release, which is out there, all
shiny and ready to be compiled and loved.

Since rc7 (ok, I lied, it happened) there's been just small fixes.
Most of them came in from the networking tree, but there's some all
over: some random filesystem fixes, a couple of sound fixes, a
/proc/timer_list fix, things like that. Nothing really stands out
(unless you happened to use the new soft-dirty code, that had a buglet
that could really hurt), but let's hope we don't have some silly
configuration that doesn't even compile this time around.

Shortlog appended.

Linus

---

Alan Stern (1):
USB: OHCI: fix build error related to ohci_suspend/resume

Andrew Vagin (2):
tcp: initialize rcv_tstamp for restored sockets
tcp: don't apply tsoffset if rcv_tsecr is zero

Andrey Vagin (1):
memcg: check that kmem_cache has memcg_params before accessing it

Andy Lutomirski (2):
net: Check the correct namespace when spoofing pid over SCM_RIGHTS
Rename nsproxy.pid_ns to nsproxy.pid_ns_for_children

Ariel Elior (4):
bnx2x: vf mark stats started
bnx2x: Fix functionality of configuring vlan list
bnx2x: Fix VF memory leak unload
bnx2x: Fix VF stats sync

Barry Song (2):
irqchip: sirf: move from legacy mode to linear irqdomain
arm: prima2: drop nr_irqs in mach as we moved to linear irqdomain

Benjamin Herrenschmidt (1):
powerpc: Don't Oops when accessing /proc/powerpc/lparcfg without
hypervisor

Byungho An (1):
net: stmmac: fixed the pbl setting with DT

Chris Clark (1):
ipv4: sendto/hdrincl: don't use destination address found in header

Cyrill Gorcunov (1):
mm: move_ptes -- Set soft dirty bit depending on pte type

Dan Carpenter (1):
mISDN: return -EINVAL on error in dsp_control_req()

Daniel Borkmann (1):
net: bridge: convert MLDv2 Query MRC into msecs_to_jiffies for max_delay

Dave Kleikamp (1):
jfs: fix readdir cookie incompatibility with NFSv4

David Jander (1):
regmap: rbtree: Fix overlapping rbnodes.

David S. Miller (1):
Revert "ipv6: Don't depend on per socket memory for neighbour
discovery messages"

Eliezer Tamir (1):
net: add cpu_relax to busy poll loop

Eric Dumazet (1):
net: revert 8728c544a9c ("net: dev_pick_tx() fix")

Erik Hugne (1):
tipc: set sk_err correctly when connection fails

Eugene Surovegin (1):
powerpc/hvsi: Increase handshake timeout from 200ms to 400ms.

Felix Fietkau (1):
mac80211: add a flag to indicate CCK support for HT clients

Goldwyn Rodrigues (1):
fs/ocfs2/super.c: Use bigger nodestr to accomodate 32-bit node numbers

Guenter Roeck (1):
dma/Kconfig: TI_EDMA needs to be boolean

Hannes Frederic Sowa (7):
xfrm: make local error reporting more robust
xfrm: introduce helper for safe determination of mtu
ipv6: wire up skb->encapsulation
ipv6: xfrm: dereference inner ipv6 header if encapsulated
xfrm: choose protocol family by skb protocol
xfrm: revert ipv4 mtu determination to dst_mtu
ipv6: set skb->protocol on tcp, raw and ip6_append_data genereated skbs

Hans Verkuil (1):
[SCSI] pm80xx: fix Adaptec 71605H hang

Helmut Schaa (1):
ath9k_htc: Restore skb headroom when returning skb to mac80211

Hugh Dickins (1):
cgroup: fix rmdir EBUSY regression in 3.11

Ian Campbell (1):
MAINTAINERS: change my DT related maintainer address

Imre Deak (1):
drm/i915: ivb: fix edp voltage swing reg val

Jakob Bornecrantz (1):
drm/vmwgfx: Split GMR2_REMAP commands if they are to large

Johannes Berg (1):
mac80211: add missing channel context release

Kevin Hilman (1):
regmap: Add another missing header for !CONFIG_REGMAP stubs

Li Hongjun (1):
ipv4 tunnels: fix an oops when using ipip/sit with IPsec

Libo Chen (1):
net: xilinx: fix memleak

Linus LÃssing (1):
bridge: separate querier and query timer into IGMP/IPv4 and MLD/IPv6 ones

Linus Torvalds (2):
Revert "fs: Allow unprivileged linkat(..., AT_EMPTY_PATH) aka flink"
Linux 3.11

Mag (1):
Input: xpad - add signature for Razer Onza Classic Edition

Matteo Delfino (1):
Input: elantech - fix packet check for v3 and v4 hardware

Michal Schmidt (3):
jme: lower NAPI weight
netxen: lower NAPI weight
ps3_gelic: lower NAPI weight

Mike Frysinger (1):
Omnikey Cardman 4000: pull in ioctl.h in user header

Mischa Jonker (1):
Input: i8042 - disable the driver on ARC platforms

Nathan Zimmer (1):
timer_list: correct the iterator for timer_list

Paul Mackerras (1):
powerpc: Work around gcc miscompilation of __pa() on 64-bit

Phil Oester (1):
tcp: tcp_make_synack() should use sock_wmalloc

Ping Cheng (1):
Input: wacom - add support for 0x300 and 0x301

Pravin B Shelar (2):
genl: Fix genl dumpit() locking.
genl: Hold reference on correct module while netlink-dump.

Richard Cochran (1):
net: fec: fix time stamping logic after napi conversion

Rob Gardner (1):
net: usb: Add HP hs2434 device to ZLP exception table

Russ Anderson (1):
drivers/base/memory.c: fix show_mem_removable() to handle missing sections

Sarveshwar Bandi (1):
be2net: Check for POST state in suspend-resume sequence

Simon Wunderlich (1):
mac80211: ibss: fix ignored channel parameter

Stanislaw Gruszka (1):
iwl4965: fix rfkill set state regression

Steffen Klassert (1):
xfrm: Fix potential null pointer dereference in xdst_queue_output

Sujith Manoharan (1):
ath9k: Enable PLL fix only for AR9340/AR9330

Svenning SÃrensen (1):
IPC: bugfix for msgrcv with msgtyp < 0

Takashi Iwai (3):
ALSA: hda - Add inverted digital mic fixup for Acer Aspire One
ALSA: hda - Fix NULL dereference with CONFIG_SND_DYNAMIC_MINORS=n
ALSA: opti9xx: Fix conflicting driver object name

Tejun Heo (1):
workqueue: cond_resched() after processing each work item

Thomas Graf (1):
ipv6: Don't depend on per socket memory for neighbour discovery messages

Trond Myklebust (1):
SUNRPC: Fix memory corruption issue on 32-bit highmem systems

Waiman Long (2):
Add new lockref infrastructure reference implementation
vfs: make the dentry cache use the lockref infrastructure

Yinghai Lu (1):
x86/mm: Fix boot crash with DEBUG_PAGE_ALLOC=y and more than 512G RAM

Yuval Mintz (1):
bnx2x: Fix move FP memory deallocations