Re: [ 00/34] 3.4.59-stable review

From: Shuah Khan
Date: Tue Aug 20 2013 - 12:44:04 EST

On 08/20/2013 10:03 AM, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:
On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 08:53:24AM -0700, Hugh Dickins wrote:
On Tue, 20 Aug 2013, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:
On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 07:36:00AM +0000, Berg, Johannes wrote:
[ 26/34] genetlink: fix family dump race

Johannes, another strike against this patch :(

Any chance on fixing it upstream and me sucking that fix in?

Yeah, I'm trying to get that, but it's not clear to me how to fix it.
Where did you apply it? It was going to need some fixes but when the
first objection was raised I figured you were going to drop it for now
completely? Sorry for the mess :-(

You're right, I'll drop this for 3.4, it doesn't make sense there.

And you'll drop it from 3.0 and 3.10 also, I hope?

It wasn't in 3.0, was it? Oh crap, it was...

3.10, I'd rather have the "real" fix that ends up resolving the issue in
Linus's tree also, instead of just dropping it.

Especially as I just did the releases...

3.10 worked fine with no issues with this fix. I couldn't test 3.0 on this system because 3.4 is the minimum for my test system.

-- Shuah

--
Shuah Khan
Senior Linux Kernel Developer - Open Source Group