Re: [ 00/19] 3.10.1-stable review

From: Sarah Sharp
Date: Mon Jul 15 2013 - 16:42:00 EST

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 12:53:16PM -0700, Sarah Sharp wrote:
> Good lord. So anyone that is one of your "top maintainers" could be
> exposed to your verbal abuse just because they "should have known
> better"?
>
> You know what the definition of an abuser is? Someone that seeks out
> victims that they know will "just take it" and keep the abuse "between
> the two of them". They pick victims that won't fight back or report the
> abuse.

Oh, FFS, I just called out on private email for "playing the victim
card". I will repeat: this is not just about me, or other minorities.
I should not have to ask for professional behavior on the mailing lists.
Professional behavior should be the default.

"The standard you walk past is the standard you accept."

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/unlikely-feminist-hero-army-chiefs-video-message-draws-plaudits-20130614-2o86b.html

"Those who think that it is ok to behave in a way that demeans or
exploits their colleagues have no place in this army. If that does not
suit you, then get out.

The same goes for those that think that toughness is built on
humiliating others. Every one of us is responsible for the culture and
reputation of our Army, and the environment in which we work. If you
become aware of any individual degrading another, then show moral
courage and take a stand against it."

> In karate, or any other sport, if your opponent is motionless on the
> floor, you stop. You can't see the person you're emailing. You can't
> see if the first conversation-disabling blow has completely knocked them
> out. You can't see if you've misjudged their mental strength for the
> day and completely wiped out their ability to use their brain to correct
> the technical mistake you're trying to get them to fix.
>
> Ask them to fix their mistake. If they protest, then lay into them. If
> you *know* they don't take verbal abuse well, don't.

Sarah Sharp