virtio-blk: problem of the disk name release

From: yuxh
Date: Wed May 15 2013 - 02:15:06 EST

hi,

About the virtio-blk disk name,if the virtio-blk disk is detached when it has reference in guest, then the disk name will not be released forever. It seems the purpose of this is to avoid a disk error when we attach the disk back.
The problem by doing so is that the disk name can't be reused any more. I think if we can release the disk name dynamically when the reference no longer exist the problem will be solved. But it seems not easy to implement this.
Any body have a suggestion ?

Thanks,
Yu