[ANNOUNCE] Linux 3.8.y.z extended stable support

From: Kamal Mostafa
Date: Tue May 14 2013 - 12:19:16 EST

Since Ubuntu 13.04 "Raring" uses the 3.8 kernel, the Ubuntu kernel team
will pick up stable maintenance where Greg KH left off[0] with 3.8.13
(thanks, Greg!)...

The Ubuntu kernel team is pleased to announce that we will be providing
extended stable support for the Linux 3.8 kernel until August 2014 as a
third party effort maintained on our infrastructure.

Our linux-3.8.y{-queue,-review} stable branches will fork from 3.8.13
and will be published here:

git://kernel.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/linux.git

We will use the same stable request/review workflow and follow the
standard upstream stable kernel rules. More details are available at
http://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/Dev/ExtendedStable

We welcome any feedback and contribution to this effort. We will be
posting the first review cycle patch set in a week or two.

-Kamal Mostafa
Ubuntu Kernel Team, Canonical Ltd.

[0] http://www.spinics.net/lists/stable/msg08735.html