Linux 3-10-rc1

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Sat May 11 2013 - 21:00:20 EST

So this is the biggest -rc1 in the last several years (perhaps ever)
at least as far as counting commits go, even if not necessarily in
actual lines (I didn't check the statistics on that).

Which was unexpected, because while linux-next was fairly big, it
wasn't exceptionally so. I'm sure Stephen Rothwell will talk about the
statistics of commits that weren't in -next, we'll see if that was the
reason..

Anyway, despite the large number of commits, hopefully it's all
boringly straigthforward. Sure.

Now, even normally, there's no way to list all the changes, much less
so when it's an unusually large -rc1. But I can do my "merge shortlog"
again, and it's worth mentioning (again) that the name attributed to
the merge is *not* necessarily the author of any of the code, it's
literally just the person who emailed me the pull request. So you can
see this as an approximation of "first-level maintainership" or
something, although even that is somewhat misleading since some of
these things are really done by groups and then there's one person who
end up sending me the end result.

But it's somewhat readable, and gives you a reasonable idea of what is
going on. A better idea can be gotten by looking at git directly,
especially since the merge commits often do contain a better
description of what happened. Not that all submaintainers necessarily
always send me that, but most of the merges actually do have
human-readable background information.

It's possible that I missed something. This really was a busier merge
window than usual. Holler if so,

Linus

---
Al Viro: (7)
VFS updates
compat cleanup
second round of VFS updates
single_open() leak fixes
more vfs updates
more vfs fixes
stray syscall bits

Alasdair Kergon: (1)
device-mapper updates

Alex Elder: (1)
Ceph changes

Alex Williamson: (1)
vfio updates

Andrew Morton: (5)
first batch of fixes
second batch of fixes
third batch of fixes
IPC cleanup and scalability patches
more incoming

Anton Vorontsov: (2)
battery updates
pstore update

Arnd Bergmann: (5)
ARM SoC platform updates (part 2)
ARM SoC platform updates (part 3)
ARM SoC device tree updates (part 2)
ARM SoC late cleanups
late ARM Exynos multiplatform changes

Ben Myers: (2)
xfs update
xfs update (#2)

Benjamin Herrenschmidt: (2)
powerpc update
powerpc updates

Bjorn Helgaas: (2)
PCI updates
PCI updates

Borislav Petkov: (1)
two small EDAC fixes

Bruce Fields: (1)
nfsd fixes

Bryan Wu: (1)
LED subsystem updates

Catalin Marinas: (2)
arm64 update
arm64 update

Chris Ball: (1)
MMC update

Chris Mason: (1)
btrfs update

Chris Metcalf: (2)
tile arch changes
tile update

Chris Zankel: (1)
xtensa updates

Dave Airlie: (1)
drm updates

David Kleikamp: (1)
jfs fixes

David Miller: (5)
networking updates
sparc updates
networking fixes
networking fixes
networking update

David Teigland: (1)
dlm update

David Woodhouse: (2)
MTD update
misc fixes

Dmitry Torokhov: (1)
input updates

Eric Paris: (1)
audit changes

Geert Uytterhoeven: (1)
m68k update

Gleb Natapov: (2)
kvm updates
kvm fixes

Grant Likely: (2)
GPIO changes
removal of GENERIC_GPIO

Greg Kroah-Hartman: (5)
char/misc driver update
driver core update
staging driver tree update
tty/serial driver update
USB patches

Greg Ungerer: (1)
m68knommu updates

Guenter Roeck: (1)
hwmon update

Helge Deller: (1)
parisc updates

Herbert Xu: (1)
crypto update

Ingo Molnar: (18)
locking changes
RCU updates
perf updates
scheduler changes
SMP/hotplug changes
core timer updates
extable dmesg fixlet
x86 cleanups
x86 cpuid changes
x86 debug update
perparatory x86 kasrl changes
x86 mm changes
x86 paravirt update
x86 platform changes
x86 RAS changes
scheduler fixes
perf fixes
'full dynticks' support

J Bruce Fields: (1)
nfsd changes

Jaegeuk Kim: (1)
f2fs updates

James "Jej B" Bottomley: (2)
first round of SCSI updates
second SCSI update

James Hogan: (1)
arch/metag update

James Morris: (1)
security subsystem update

Jan Kara: (1)
ext3/jbd fixes

Jean Delvare: (1)
hwmon update

Jeff Garzik: (1)
libata update

Jens Axboe: (2)
block core updates
block driver updates

Jiri Kosina: (4)
trivial tree updates
HID updates
fixup for trivial branch
HID fixes

Joerg Roedel: (1)
IOMMU updates

Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk: (2)
Xen updates
Xen bug-fixes

Len Brown: (1)
idle update

Linus Walleij: (2)
pinctrl update
pinctrl fixes

Mark Brown: (3)
regmap updates
regulator updates
spi updates

Martin Schwidefsky: (2)
s390 update
more s390 updates

Matthew Garrett: (1)
x86 platform drivers

Matthew Wilcox: (1)
NVMe driver update

Mauro Carvalho Chehab: (3)
media update
edac fixes
omap3isp clk support

Michael Tsirkin: (2)
vhost cleanups and fixes
more vhost fixes

Michael Turquette: (1)
clock framework update

Michal Marek: (3)
kbuild changes
kconfig updates
misc kbuild updates

Michal Simek: (1)
microblaze updates

Michel Lespinasse: (1)
rwsem optimizations

Miklos Szeredi: (1)
fuse updates

my IPC branch: (1)
ipc fixes and cleanups

NeilBrown: (1)
md fixes

Nicholas Bellinger: (1)
SCSI target update

Ohad Ben-Cohen: (2)
rpmsg changes
remoteproc update

Olof Johansson: (10)
ARM SoC non-critical fixes
ARM SoC cleanup
ARM SoC device-tree updates
ARM SoC platform updates
ARM SoC multiplatform updates
ARM SoC driver changes
ARM SoC pinctrl changes for Renesas
ARM platform specific firmware interfaces
ARM SoC board specific changes (part 1)
ARM SoC fixes and straggler patches

Pekka Enberg: (1)
slab changes