Re: EXT4 regression caused 4eec7

From: Theodore Ts'o
Date: Sat May 11 2013 - 19:06:20 EST

On Sat, May 11, 2013 at 03:00:53PM +0400, Dmitry Monakhov wrote:
> I've bisected ext4 related issue. It is appeared that it is pure ext4
> specific. Regression caused by following commit
> commit 4eec708d263f0ee10861d69251708a225b64cac7
> Author: Jan Kara <jack@xxxxxxx>
> Date: Thu Apr 11 23:56:53 2013 -0400
> ext4: use io_end for multiple bios

Hmm... the next question is why did I see this in my testing. Did you
find this on ia64, or x86? Also what about the slab corruption which
you saw when running XFS; was that unrelated?

Since at this point it's safer to rollback the change and we can
investigate more deeply how to fix it correctly for the next
development cycle, this is the patch which I'm testing.

- Ted