RE: sched: CPU #1's llc-sibling CPU #0 is not on the same node!

From: Luck, Tony
Date: Wed Feb 27 2013 - 11:28:46 EST

> assume first cpu only have 1G ram, and other 31 socket will have bunch of ram

That doesn't seem to be a very realistic assumption. Can you even still buy 1G
DIMMs for servers? I'd think that a minimum would be to have each of four
channels populated with a 4G DIMM - so 16GB on first cpu. But even that feels
rather low.

I think that making sure that the system can boot is good (and maybe it should
ignore/override[*] parameters that would prevent booting). But let's be realistic
about the cases we actually have to deal with (before somebody comes and talks
about systems with just 16MB).

-Tony

[*] with some noisy warnings in the console log