Re: Reproduceable SATA lockup on 3.7.8 with SSD

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Tue Feb 26 2013 - 10:30:09 EST

On 02/25/2013 07:27 PM, Marc MERLIN wrote:
Howdy,

I seem to have the same problem (or similar) as Mathieu Desnoyers in
https://lkml.org/lkml/2013/2/22/437

I can reliably get my SSD to drop from the SATA bus given the right workload
on linux.

How can I tell if it's linux's fault of the drive's fault?

Manually force speed to 3.0 Gbps, then 1.5 Gbps, and see what happens.

Try module/kernel parameter libata.force=1.5Gbps or libata.force=3.0Gbps

Jeff