Re: [RFC] cpufreq: governor: Set MIN_LATENCY_MULTIPLIER to 20

From: Viresh Kumar
Date: Tue Feb 26 2013 - 05:50:16 EST

On 26 February 2013 16:14, Thomas Renninger <trenn@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Redefining MIN_LATENCY_MULTIPLIER shouldn't hurt that much, but this looks
> like a workaround.
> It only modifies the minimal sampling rate that userspace can set.

Yes.

> You would still need to set something from userspace to get the perfect
> sampling rate for this platform.

Yes. We still need to fix sampling rate from userspace.

> I wonder where the cpufreq driver does get the 1ms latency from?
> Is this value valid?
> The driver should return the correct latency, then there is no need for
> workarounds like this.

I am talking about ARM Vexpress TC2 (Test Chip) big LITTLE SoC here. Its
not a production type SoC and freq change is a bit slow here. Its really around
1 ms :)

But the real systems may not have this big of latency.

Anyway, how do you come to 100 value in your initial patch. What motivated you
to fix it there?

--
viresh