Re: linux-next: Tree for Feb 26 [ vfs | mm/shmem ]

From: Sedat Dilek
Date: Tue Feb 26 2013 - 04:23:59 EST

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 4:16 AM, Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Please do not add any work destined for v3.10 to your -next included
> branches until after Linus has release v3.9-rc1.
>
> Changes since 20130223:
>
> The kbuild tree lost its build failure.
>
> The infiniband tree gained a conflict against Linus' tree.
>
> The drm tree still has its build failure for which I applied a patch.

[ Changed subject-line to correct date: Feb 26 ]

The warning I reported yesterday [0] still remains as Al's vfs-next
tree was updated some hours ago.
The correct fix [1] is pending there and will be in tommorrows next-20130227.
You still need to revert the old ("buggy") commit first in Linux-Next.
Just as a note:
The function is called "shmem_file_setup()" not "shmem_setup_file()"
as the subject-line of both patches indicates.

The pending patch fixes the warnings here!

- Sedat -

[0] http://marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&m=136179858021827&w=2
[1] http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/viro/vfs.git;a=patch;h=3451538a114d738a6528b1da58e19e7d8964c647
[2] http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git;a=commitdiff;h=7dbc68fcb0cdce27737dba9ee252f26d39d75fb6