Re: [GIT PULL] PCI changes for v3.9

From: Yinghai Lu
Date: Tue Feb 26 2013 - 01:46:58 EST

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 9:19 PM, Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 6:49 PM, Yinghai Lu <yinghai@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Please check if attached diff is right, and hope it could save Linus some time.
>
> Hmm. I did things a bit differently, moving things around more in
> drivers/acpi/internal.h.

Yes, it is better to put them together with acpi_pci_root_init().

> Also, my *gut* feel is that the new _handle_hotplug_event_root()
> function should do that whole dance with
> acpi_scan_lock_acquire()/acpi_scan_lock_release(), but I didn't really
> know if it's required or appropriate, so I left it alone. Could you
> take a look?

Yes, we need that for root bridge hot add path.

for hot remove path, we already have lock acquire/release in
acpi_bus_hot_remove_device().

Please check attached patch for hot add path.

Thanks

Yinghai